A unique cheese making for a perfect ripening and a constant quality.
Guilloteau dairy’s story
It all began in 1981 in a small workshop. Thanks to the idea of a pioneer engineer, passionate about dairy products and technology, a whole range of smooth and delicious cheeses was invented in the French Rhône-Alpes region.
Mr GUILLOTEAU started by creating the Pavé Dauphinois, the first of a long line of cheeses made from a revolutionary process: the ultrafiltration. This cheese is distinguished by its unique cubic shape, its thin white rind, its inimitable taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture.
Spurred on by its success, GUILLOTEAU dairy opened in Pélussin (Loire) in 1983 in the heart of Pilat Natural Regional Park. Pavé Dauphinois then became “Pavé d’Affinois” and the range expanded for the delight of all cheese lovers. A second production site was set up in Belley in 1989.
In 1995, a round wheel cheese format was developed to meet the demand of international customers. Thus was born the Fromager d’Affinois range.
In 2006, the dairy enriched its traditional know-how by producing the traditional AOP/ PDO Rigotte de Condrieu and other goat cheeses made from either raw or pasteurized milks.
Since July 2016, GUILLOTEAU dairy is part of the Agrial group (an agricultural cooperative of 14,000 members) within the Eurial dairy branch. Today, the dairy counts 280 employees and generates 35% of export sales. A great success story!
Fromager d’Affinois, the gourmet know-how
Launched in 1995, Fromager d’Affinois is a generous and ultra-creamy 2kg / 4.4lb cheese, and also now in prepacked cheeses! Intended for dairy counters and creameries, it represents all the characteristics of the brand, namely softness, generosity and sharing.
The Fromager d’Affinois brand offers a wide range of cow’s milk cheeses: flavored, double or triple cream, low-fat and blue. You can also savor the Fromager d’Affinois signature taste in Goat’s milk and Sheep’s milk.
For several decades, the brand has become a best-seller for export, particularly in the United States and Australia.
Fromager d’Affinois has simple and strong values:
- Know-how: Fromager d’Affinois brand evokes the know-how of cheese makers who are passionate about their profession and who carefully prepare cheeses until the essential stage of maturation.
- Naturalness: made in the Rhône-Alpes French region, the products reflect the environment in which they are designed: simple products without artifice.
- Generosity: Fromager d’Affinois brings together family and friends around a beautiful cheese platter. Ideal for a moment of sharing and conviviality.
- Creaminess: what could be more creamy than a Fromager d’Affinois? Matured with care, they offer a unique melting and creamy texture for your palate.
The ultrafiltration process
This manufacturing process intervenes after the pasteurization : the milk received each day is pasteurized and then filtered through very thin membranes, in order to remove surplus water from the milk while, at the same time, retaining the nutrients and minerals (protein, fat content, calcium, etc.) –in other words, the best part of the milk. This stage replaces the draining phase, traditionally used in cheese-making.
The advantages of ultrafiltration :
- An even and creamy texture
- A delicate unique taste
- A very thin rind
- A consistent production quality all year round
- Exceptional nutritional profile: more calcium, phosphorous and protein than in other soft cheeses.